TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you take part in any activities with the British Theatre Academy you will need to agree to the following terms and conditions. This information will be sent to you with any offer to join the company for you to sign.
- All teachers have a DBS check (formerly CRB), are insured, and are aware of our child protection policy. (Available on our website) However, due to the nature of teaching theatre performance, sometimes it is necessary to correct the children’s positioning physically. This is always conducted with the utmost care and professionalism.
- Any changes to these Terms and Conditions will be updated on the website
British Theatre Academy Liabilities
3.BTA cannot be held responsible or liable for any cancellations, loss, injury or damage to persons or belongings.
- BTA holds Public Liability Insurance.
- BTA does not accept responsibility for loss, damage or injury arising from errors or omissions on the registration form whether completed by you or the person in charge of your child at the time of enrolment.
- BTA does not accept liability for death or personal injury to any child attending rehearsals/performances, with the exception of such injury being caused by negligence or default of any member of our staff or any other default on our part.
- BTA does not accept any responsibility for damage or loss to personal property.
- BTA does not accept responsibility for any loss or expense due to circumstances beyond our control including; natural disasters, national emergency, transport, fire, weather and other such actions.
- BTA is only responsible for the children during rehearsals. We cannot be held liable outside of any rehearsal times.
Responsibilities of the Parent or Gardian
- These terms and conditions constitute an agreement between you and us in connection to classes or any services superseding any prior agreement.
- Attendance at rehearsals is deemed to be acceptance of the current Terms and Conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the Parent or Guardian to notify BTA of any illness or injury that may affect the child’s participation.
- It is the responsibility of the Parent or Guardian to ensure that we have the correct details for you and your child and keeps us updated of any changes to health.
- In the event that we consider you to be in breach of these terms & conditions we reserve the right to exclude your child from any activity within BTA.
- In the event your child is disruptive to other pupils or staff, teachers or venue staff, we reserve the right to exclude your child from any activity within BTA.
- BTA hire premises from 3rd Parties; therefore all BTA Staff, Parents, Guardians and pupils must abide by the rules of conduct as set out by those Third Parties.
- Photographs and video footage of pupils taken by BTA may be used on our website and for publicity purposes. If you do not wish your child’s image used for these purposes you must inform BTA in writing.
- Members must not consume alcohol or drugs otherwise the BTA Reserves the right to revoke their membership.
- Cancellation of Membership All members must give a half a terms notice (6 weeks) to cancel membership. All outstanding membership fees must be consolidated for the notice period.